This is one of my favorite simple sandwiches. I can’t have just a BLT, it has to be a BLTA! Avocado is a fruit just in case you were wondering. It is also a aphrodisiac! The Mayans and the Aztecs ate them to enhance sexual desirability. They have many vitamins and are extremely healthy for your body and heart. So why not add a little bacon to make it unhealthy?! Here is how I put together my BLTA. Let me know how you make your BLTA or BLT.
- 3 strips bacon (cooked)
- 1 avocado (sliced)
- 1 red onion (few round slices)
- red or green leaf lettuce (your preference)
- sourdough bread (toasted on griddle)
- 2 -3 slices mozzarella cheese
- Mayo or vinaigrette dressing
- 1 tomato (sliced)
- Toast the sourdough bread on a griddle or in a toaster. After toasting the bread, add mayo to the bread slices. Skip this step if you are using vinaigrette. Add lettuce, tomato, bacon, cheese, onions and avocados to the slices of bread. If using vinaigrette dressing add to sandwich before cutting. Cut in half and serve.