Please join Mooshu Jenne and the FN Dish – Fall Fest at Food Network for a Virtual Cookie Swap. You can join us on Twitter with the hashtag #pullupachair. For the Virtual Cookie Swap.
I would love to share with you a simple Biscotti recipe. I love this recipe because it makes fantastic gifts. Just drizzle a little chocolate over the Biscotti, throw them in a bag, and put them in a basket or mug with a hot chocolate packet. For a little more oomph just add some chocolate covered spoons.
- 1 stick of butter, softened
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2-3/4 cups all-purpose unbleached flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- Preheat your oven to 375F.
- In a large bowl cream the sugar and butter together until fluffy. Add the eggs and extract. Whisk in the flour, baking powder, and salt together in a separate bowl. Add it gradually to the large bowl with sugar mixture and beat well until a dough forms. If you would like to add in cranberries or chocolate chips you can before the next step.
- Turn the dough out onto a lightly floured work surface and rub your hands with a little flour. Divide the dough in two and form each half into a log. Take the log and lay it on your baking sheet that is lined with parchment paper. Press the log to be about 4 inches wide and the length of the baking sheet. Bake until lightly browned and small cracks form on top, about 25 minutes.
- Remove from oven and slice on the diagonal in 1/2 inch slices; careful as they will still be hot. Place them flat on the backs and cook for another 5 minutes. After five minutes flip them over and cook for another five minutes. Cool and cover with melted chocolate or serve as is.