My daughter is a huge fan of Texas. Sometimes we talk about moving and she says she doesn’t want to go anywhere but here. She’s only been out of the state twice so I always use that as my argument. She has lots of favorites but myself it’s different. I do love the locally source food. From yellow onions, to apples, to eggs like Lone Star Eggs. Texas food is all about locally sourced and as big and crazy as you can get. That’s why I bring to you today the Bacon, Egg, and Potato Burger.
Food like this makes me excited! You know they say “Everything is Bigger in Texas.” I won’t disagree with that when it comes to food. This Bacon, Egg, and Potato burger is stacked with baked potato slices, baked bacon, cheese, avocado, and eggs all on a toasted bun. The only thing to make this better is some BBQ dipping sauce.
As you can see here I bake the bacon and potatoes right next to each other in order for the potatoes to soak up some of that bacon grease flavor. Plus, I love the way the bacon comes from baking tender, and perfect for a burger. We slice the slices in half to fit better on the burger.
This is my crazy Texas style burger. I would love to hear what you would top your burger with. What kind of local sourced products do you love? Crazy, creative, and cool ways to use eggs? Tell me below. I always love new recipes.
OH! Lone Star Eggs is giving away a year’s supply of eggs in addition to selection 52 other winners that will receive 1 dozen free eggs. You can enter to win on their Facebook page here! Lone Star Eggs! Without further ado, here is that recipe for the Bacon, Egg, and Potato Burger.
ITEMS TO MAKE A BACON, EGG, AND POTATO BURGER
- 1 lb ground beef 80/20
- 1 avocado; sliced
- 5 strips of bacon
- 4 slices of cheese
- 1 red skin potato; thinly sliced
- 4 eggs
- 4 hamburger buns
- Make the ground beef into four patties depending on the sizing you would like.
- Place bacon and sliced potatoes on parchment paper on a metal baking tray. Cook at 375 degrees F for 20 minutes.
- In a large iron skillet, cook burgers until desired median. Whether you want medium, well done, or etc.
- Toast bun in burger grease.
- Place burger on bun and top with cheese, bacon, potatoes, and avocado.
- On low heat, fry egg for about 1 to 2 minutes and place on burger. Serve!
Disclaimer: This post may contain affiliate links by Amazon. If you purchase a product from one of our links, we could receive a commission from the seller. Rest assured, we only recommend products we believe in, and all opinions are 100% truthful.