Grilling season is here! I am so excited because I have been thinking up some new recipes and trying out as many on the grill by the pool as often as I can. These bacon and bourbon chicken kebabs were delicious made from bits of bacon, bbq sauce and spices that merry well together. Grilling season is really fun because I feel like it brings people together. It allows for summer fun but also potlucks were everyone grills something different and brings a plethora of side dishes. Its just a foodie experience that I totally enjoy.
There is nothing more enticing then grilling with bacon and allowing the flames lick the sauce. It puts a wondrous crunch on the chicken. Probably one of the reason I love to grill so much. Food on the grill should always have a good sauce on it too. Are you a dry rub or sauce fan?
I have these really great metal skewer I use for kebabs. They are reusable which I have to say I favor over buying the wood skewers. Next time I make the bacon and bourbon chicken kebabs I plan to add red onion to them. I just love the sweetness of the red onion once it’s been grilled. Do you have a favorite meat or veggie to skewer and grill?
This weekend coming my son turns 17 and we are planning to make some beef carnitas. I hope I can talk the other half into grilling up the tortillas so they have that nice warmth to them. I really need to purchase an outdoor plate set. I’ve seen one I like and cannot wait to sneak it in behind him. He says I already have too much kitchen items. As a food blogger you can never ever have enough 😉 He just laughs; then tells me no.
- 1 package of chicken tenders; 1.5 lbs, 1/2 inch cubes
- 4 strips of bacon; non cooked, cubed
- 3 cloves of garlic; minced
- 2 mini bottles of bourbon; Jim Beam Honey Bourbon
- 1/2 cup barbecue sauce; your choice
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/2 tablespoon paprika
- Cut chicken into cubes and align them on the skewers. Set aside.
- In a blender or food processor, add in bacon, barbecue sauce and bourbon. Blend on high. Add in garlic, paprika, and cayenne pepper. Blend well. Add in salt and pepper. Blend lightly and pour into a jar.
- Add skewers to a preheated grill about 300 degrees F. Add sauce to with brush to the chicken. Every ten minutes rotate and cover well with sauce. Once the chicken starts to blacken and sauce is thick your skewers are just about done. Test one piece on the end to make sure chicken is cooked well and juicy. About 40 minutes rotating each 10 minutes.
- Serves well with grilled pineapple or grilled peaches.